Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 8 February 2018

Stay Quirky Nail Polish Holographic Effect Black Magic Range - Preview & First Impressions



Stay Quirky1107 Occult, 1108 Talisman, 1109 Tantra, 1111 Tarot, 1112 Book of Shadows
L-R: 1107 Occult, 1108 Talisman, 1109 Tantra, 1111 Tarot, 1112 Book of Shadows

So Stay Quirky launched seven new nail polishes as a part of their Black Magic Range. They claim that these are holographic and multi chrome polishes. Stay tuned for more on this.

  • Mysterious shades in a beautiful holographic effect that will drive you crazy
  • Legendary Stay Quirky 9 Toxin Free formula that finishes to a gorgeous multi chromed, multi coloured and totally holo nail


I was so excited when I saw this collection, I ordered five shades from it. The shades I ordered were:

- Occult 1107 - Shifts from purple to gold with a tiny hint of copper and teal. Reviewed here

- Talisman 1108 - Shifts from dark teal green to purple with flashes of blue. Reviewed here

- Tantra 1109 - shifts from green to purple with flashes of copper at extreme angles. Reviewed here

- Tarot 1111 - shifts from magenta to gold. Reviewed here 

- Book of Shadows 1112 - predominantly shifts from blue to purple with flashes of green. Reviewed here

What's weird is that I can see up to 4 colours in some of these polishes in the bottle at extreme angles, but on the nail I can only see two colours.

Stay Quirky1107 Occult, 1108 Talisman, 1109 Tantra, 1111 Tarot, 1112 Book of Shadows
L-R: 1107 Occult, 1108 Talisman, 1109 Tantra, 1111 Tarot, 1112 Book of Shadows

I'm currently wearing 1109 Tantra, so I shall review this first. This shade reminds me of two polishes I've already reviewed which are Smooth Chic by Stay Quirky and Chic Reloaded by Essence. So if you've already got those, you can give this one a pass. They are not perfect dupes, but close enough.

Now to the important stuff. These polishes are NOT holographic. They are a mix of multichrome and duochromes, but not holographic. That was a shame and really misleading. Nonetheless, these polishes are beautiful and a first for any Indian brand.

So all these polishes as with most multichromes are very sheer, so they need to be layered over black. I swatched them as soon as I got them delivered and they weren't completely opaque even after three coats.

I can't wait to try 1108 Talisman and 1111 Tarot though.

I'll begin posting reviews of these polishes soon!

2 comments:

  1. Are these similar to Kiko holographic? Or Colorbar arteffects (gold collection).

    PS: Nice blog. Dedicated mainly to nailpolish, this is a refreshing change from other makeup blogs. I too started as nail art/ nailpolish blog. Check it if you like :)

    https://insanescribblings.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) So these aren't holographic, I've reviewed two polishes from Kiko's Holographic collection, they're actually holo :D.

      This range is only multichrome, incorrectly marketed as holographic.

      Just checked your blog, you're so lucky to have gotten your hands on Kiko's pearly indian violet. They never seem to have it in stock when I visit the store :(

      Delete