Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 October 2017

Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish - Burgundy Blast Swatches & Review


2 coats + clear polish coat + top coat in artificial light

Lakme Absolute Burgundy Blast is probably the most beautiful burgundy in my collection so far. The polish contains a ton of shimmer with a bunch of scattered holographic glitter particles. The bottle holds 15ml of polish. I love this polish and cannot wait for my nails to grow so that I can wear it on long nails.
I will update this post with more pictures.


apologies for my stained nail

Shade
As the name suggests, this is a burgundy polish with a bunch of holo and regular shimmer. I'd liken the shade to a really dark, blackened burgundy, Unfortunately, it does not look as magical on the nail as it does in the bottle. But it is still pretty amazing!! I couldn't stop admiring my nails time and again. This shade will look like a magenta-burgundy to a brownish depending on the light. I love how it looks in dim light. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

It's a pity my camera did not want to focus well and I couldn't capture the true beauty of this shade.

2 coats + clear polish coat + top coat in artificial light



Formula
My god is the formula runny! I don't mean that it is thin in consistency. The consistency is fine, but still I could not apply this polish without it flooding my cuticles. I believe the culprit is the brush which is flat at the tip and unusually large. One swipe will pretty much cover your nail and its surrounding skin :D. I may cut the brush a bit to make it thinner give it a tapered edge.

While this polish is advertised as a gel like polish, I don't think that's true to claim. The polish does not dry with a shine and you cannot get away without a top coat.

Removing this polish is difficult and I'd recommend using a peel off base coat.


2 coats + clear polish coat + top coat in sunlight


Application
Application is a bit tricky. You have to work with medium coats and be very mindful of bald spots. The polish is pretty pigmented but it tends to apply dark in certain spots and light in others. You need two coats for full opacity. I would also recommend applying a coat of clear polish over it, as it dries with a bit of texture thanks to the glitter particles. You absolutely need a super glossy top coat as the polish dries fairly dull and does not look good without the shine.

Next time I may apply a thick first coat followed by a thin second one to see if that helps the shimmer shine more.


2 coats + clear polish coat + top coat in dim lighting


Longevity
This polish lasts insanely well. On my nails at least. No chipping, no tip wear and I wore it for 5 days!

Final Thoughts
I would absolutely recommend this polish. It is beauty in a bottle :D and totally a new favourite for me. Once again, I'm sorry for the not so good pictures, but as stated I will update with new pictures as soon as my nails grow back! Can't wait to see how this polish looks on long nails.

Edit: I recently bought some loose holo glitter and was wondering what to do with it when I thought let me add it to this polish, I assumed it would mix nicely since this polish already has some holo glitter in it. I was so pleased with the final result. The added glitter made the polish even more beautiful than it originally was, almost opaque in one coat and the rather than appearing brown, the polish leaned more towards a true burgundy. I've added some pictures on Instagram, you can check them at this link - https://www.instagram.com/p/BnSyDlYBKzH/?taken-by=ahoynails 


No comments:

Post a Comment