Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 16 September 2017

Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish - Scarlet Red Swatch & Review



Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish Scarlet Red
3 coats + top coat in sunlight

Lakme Absolute's Scarlet Red is a beautiful deep red polish with a gel finish. The bottle holds 15ml of polish.



Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish Scarlet Red
3 coats + top coat in sunlight
Shade
Scarlet red as evident from its name is a beautiful bright red shade. This shade reminds me of the red in Indian Bridal. This shade automatically brightens up the hands and would flatter pretty much all skin tones. I must however mention, this shade looks a little darker in real life than in the pictures. On camera it looks like an orangey red, however in person it leans more towards a maroon red.

Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish Scarlet Red
3 coats + top coat under artificial light


Formula and Application 
You don't need more than 2 coats of this polish for full opacity. I had some smudging on a few fingers as I wasn't careful with wet polish, thus the third coat in my swatches. The formula is amazing on this polish, it dries so glossy you could be forgiven for not applying a top coat. The formula is a little thick though so you need to be careful with application.


Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Polish Scarlet Red

Longevity
The polish holds up quite well and I honestly wasn't expecting that. On my nails with top coat this lasts perfectly for 4 days with minor tip wear after that. How long as polish lasts on nails is very subjective though and I get decent wear out of most polishes I've reviewed yet. One of my favourites Avon Golden Wine being the exception :D.

Final Thoughts
Overall, this is a pretty good polish, but is it a must have? Priced at INR 400, I wouldn't say so. The shade is pretty standard and I'm sure most would have a similar red in their collection. The polish truly stands out in terms of its glossy finish, but then again that can be achieved with any good quality top coat. But if you're someone, who doesn't have a truly red, red in their arsenal, I'd say this is a good polish to start with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment