Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 7 September 2017

Nykaa Pop Nail Enamel - Black Licorice No.84 Swatch & Review


Nykaa Black Licorice - 2 coats, no top coat

 Nykaa Black Licorice is a glossy black polish. The bottle says it holds 10ml polish, but the Nykaa website says 9ml. I use this polish very often as a base to layer sheer colours over. I must apologize for the uneven application, but since I was going to be painting over this with another shade, I wasn't too concerned about a perfect finish.

I'm on my second bottle of this polish and it does hold up quite well compared to other black polishes within the same price range.



Formula
The polish when new is sort of runny, but it applies well and doesn't flood cuticles. Over time, it does tend to get goopy really fast. The polish is pretty glossy on it's own, but the shine does fade away quickly if not protected by a top coat.

The polish I used for these pictures was a little thick, hence the bubbles even after waiting for the polish to fully dry between coats. The drying time on this polish isn't too bad either. It's not quick drying but doesn't take ages like some other polishes.




Application and Colour Intensity
The polish applies very sheer on the first coat and you do need two medium coats for full opacity.  If you're someone who applies this coats, you will need 3 for full coverage. The first time I applied this polish and saw how sheer it was on the first coat, I thought ' Oh great, I'm gonna need around 3-4 coats'. But the moment I applied a second coat, I saw it turn completely opaque. Although, you can see some patches where the shade isn't completely opaque, in the picture below, near the cuticle on the middle nail and the tip of the little finger, that's because I wasn't aiming for a perfect finish.

Nykaa Black Licorice Nail Polish 84


Longevity
This polish lasts very well and as I only use this as a base, I can get relatively good wear out of my manicure before it chips. Honestly wasn't expecting such good wear time from this polish.

Final Thoughts
Over all this is a really good standard polish to have in your kit. It's moderately priced, lasts well and and has a glossy finish.

1 comment:

  1. can u pls review purplle, ny bae , bella voste polishes, and their top coat(i just bought it but i dont think its a keeper, i mean its understandable considering its price) as they're quite popular

    ReplyDelete