Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 10 February 2018

Stay Quirky Nail Polish Black Magic Range - 1109 Tantra Swatch & Review


Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
2 coats over black + top coat in sunglight






























So this is my first review from Stay Quirky's Black Magic range. You can check out the shades I've bought here, for a general first impression of the overall collection and to see which shades I'll be reviewing next. I will mention again that these polishes are not holographic as described by the brand. Each bottle holds 6ml of product.





Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
































Shade

In the bottle this looks like a gorgeous multichrome which shifts from green to purple to copper. You can see all three colours in the picture of the bottle above,

But as you probably already know if you've read my first impression post on this collection, on the nail you only see a duo chrome shift from a dark emerald green to purple. If you want to see that copper on your nail, place a few drops of water on your nail and then let light reflect on those. That's the only way you'll catch the copper shift.

The shift shows up best in sunlight or dim indirect lighting.

I must mention that I've taken pictures where this polish and the shift is as its brightest and most vivid. In person, it will not look this bright all the time. You have to catch the shift in just the right light conditions.
Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
2 coats over black + top coat in sunlight




























Formula

Again as mentioned in my previous post, the formula is extremely sheer. I don't think you'll be able to achieve full opacity with just this polish. It wasn't opaque even after three coats and this colour was the sheerest of the five polishes I picked up.

The formula is also quite watery and runny, but it doesn't flood cuticles if you apply thin coats. As I prefer working with medium coats, I had to be extremely careful so as to not flood my cuticles. Obviously I didn't do a very good job at that :D.


Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
2 coats over black + top coat in sunlight


Application

So you absolutely have to apply this over a darker base colour. That way ypu can get away with a single or two coats of this polish. As the bottle only holds 6ml, I feel this is a better way to get more wear out of this polish.


I would also advise you to be mindful of brush strokes. You can get a better metallic finish overall if you can minimize brush strokes.


Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
2 coats over black + top coat in indirect sunlight


Longevity

This is where this polish fails miserably. Look at my middle nail in the picture below, that's tip wear on just day 2 of the polishes. I capped the tips of my nails twice with this polish and it still didn't hold up well. So I'd recommend capping the tips of your nails with your darker base colour to get more wear out of your manicure.

I had a feeling longevity would be an issue as this polish when I first put it on due to the formula and I was so right.



Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1109 Tantra Review
2 coats over black + top coat in bright artificial light



































Final Thoughts

Overall, I wish this polish was more pigmented or had a multi chrome shift or that is lasted longer. But considering the price, I guess I can't complain much. I'd say if you're fond of multi chromes and don't have any in your collection, you can give these polishes a try. I must also mention that not all these polishes have the same formula, so I have a feeling some will perform better than the others. At the end it all probably boils down to what your colour preferences are.

I'd really like to see Stay Quirky launch a more premium line of nail polishes. You know something that's better quality than these. I love how they have such a wide range of shades and finishes to choose from, but quality has been an issue for most of these polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment