Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 16 June 2018

China Glaze Nail Lacquer - Let's Groove Swatch & Review

China Glaze Nail Lacquer Let's Groove Swatch & Review purple polish
2 coats + top coat in artificial light

This is hands down my favourite dark purple nail polish. I've read that this is a dupe for Purple Rain by Nars and Taboo by Chanel. Unfortunately I don't own either of those polishes, so I can't compare them. However, I own both Noble purple by Stay Quirky and Grape by Revlon and can say that they're quite similar. However none of the former have the depth nor that 'lit from within' quality of Let's groove. But if you like this shade and want a close dupe you can check them out.



China Glaze Nail Lacquer Let's Groove Swatch & Review purple polish
2 coats + top coat in dim artificial light

Shade
This polish is an absolutely gorgeous dark purple with a ton of red and blue micro shimmer and both these colours show up well on the nail in bright light. I also find that there's a little bit of copper shimmer in the bottle as well, but you can only a hint of that on the nail when the light is just right.

The polish really looks like it glows from within on the nail, just look at the picture above. I've seldom come across polishes that give off that look. Even though the shade is quite dark, it never looks like you've applied black polish even in really dim lighting.

If you check out this instagram post of mine, I've applied this polish with a coat of Fairy Dust from China Glaze. I've found that this combo seems to make the colour of this polish change a bit. It looks a tad lighter than when worn by itself.


China Glaze Nail Lacquer Let's Groove Swatch & Review purple polish
2 coats + top coat in sunlight

Formula & Application
This formula on this polish is amazing as well. I've used up about half of my current bottle and it still hasn't gone  thick or goopy. It applies very smoothly and you don't get any pooling or flooding if you're careful with your application. However, China Glaze polishes have those god awful skinny brushes and if you have wide nail beds like mine, application can be a bit tricky.


You need 2 coats for full opacity and for the colour to reach it's complete saturation. I must insist upon the use of a high gloss top coat to reveal the true beauty of this polish.


China Glaze Nail Lacquer Let's Groove Swatch & Review purple polish
2 coats + top coat in artificial light


Longevity
As with most China Glaze polishes, at least on my nails, this stays put for about 4 days and then I can see tip wear and minor chipping a day or 2 after that. So I wouldn't call this a long wearing polish even if you wrap the tip of your nails with it. But doing that does help prolong its wear time.


China Glaze Nail Lacquer Let's Groove Swatch & Review purple polish
2 coats + top coat in artificial light

Final Thoughts
If you're a fan of this shade of purple, you absolutely must try this polish out. I can usually find this one on Amazon India and I've purchased it twice when the price was around 550 rupees or so. I find that the pricing for China Glaze polishes tends to fluctuate a lot so keep an eye out for a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment