Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 5 April 2018

China Glaze Nail Lacquer - Fifth Avenue Swatch & Review


China Glaze Nail Lacquer - Fifth Avenue Swatch & Review
2 coats + top coat in artificial light


So this polish is a China Glaze oldie. Since there are no official retailers of China Glaze in India, it's hard to find polishes from their latest collections. But the upside is, you can get a lot of classic shades through Amazon which are no available in stores.




This is literally the only shade of polish that I own which comes close to a nude-ish shade. I really prefer darker colours with a ton of shimmer or glitters. You know shades that make your nails pop.
I was browsing amazon for nail polishes and I saw this one on sale for a pretty amazing price ( I think I got it for approximately 350 rupees after a sale price + a cashback promotion). So I figured I'll get this for my mom since it is a dupe for one of her favourite polishes. But I ended up liking it so much, I just kept it for myself :D

It's such a perfect polish for days when you're not in the mood to do really elaborate manicures or wear shades that take a lot of coats to look good.

Shade
So the picture at the top of this post is how it looks most of the time. It's a beautiful mauve colour which looks absolutely gorgeous on Indian skin. I find that true nudes or light browns tend to wash out my skin tone, so I would call this a nude as far as my skin goes :D.

I would say that the shade is not true to the bottle and goes on a tad darker leaning towards brown-ish pink on the nail.

Now this shade isn't anything unique, you can practically find the same shade from most nail polish brands. But why should you buy this? The formula!



China Glaze Nail Lacquer - Fifth Avenue Swatch & Review



Formula & Application

The formula for this polish is amazing. No fuss, just the right consistency and the polish goes where you want it to. Doesn't pool or flood the cuticles. It is a little on the thicker side though. The polish applies like a dream, so buttery smooth!

You achieve complete opacity and the true depth of the colour in 2 coats. It can be a single coater on short nails where you don't have any visible nail lines.

Longevity


Of all the China Glaze polishes I own, this one is the most long lasting. I wore this for 6 days and it was still perfect. The only reason I took it off was because I was so bored of the same mani and I had just bought a new polish and was dying to try it out:D.



China Glaze Nail Lacquer - Fifth Avenue Swatch & Review
2 coats + top coat in artificial light



Final Thoughts
Overall, I really like this shade. It's a nice break from all the dark colours I wear and makes my nails look so classy. It's still available on Amazon India, so if you like it, I would recommend picking it up.

My only real complaint is not with the polish per se, but with China Glaze in general. I absolutely hate their skinny brushes. As someone with broad finger nails, it's really hard to apply polish easily with that skinny excuse of a brush lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment