Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Color Dose Nail Lacquer - Bridal Maroon Swatch & Review


Color Dose Nail Lacquer - Bridal Maroon red cranberry nail polish
2 coats + top coat in indirect sunlight


So this post is more of a mini review, as I'm fairly certain that this particular polish has been discontinued, but it's such a beautiful shade I thought I'd write up a post on it anyway. I'm looking for dupes, so if any of you can suggest any good one then pleeeeease do leave a comment!!


I know this looks sort of similar to Mauve Color Rub from Stay Quirky, but it's not that close. Both are cranberry with shimmer, but this has a particular depth and it sort of glows from within, if that makes sense, something that Mauve Colour Rub doesn't have. I also have another one from China Glaze called Red-y and Willing (will review soon) which has that glow from within property, but is a tad darker than this one and doesn't have the gorgeous gold shimmer.

You can still find other shades from this brand online, but this particular one isn't available. I think the company itself isn't operational anymore as their website doesn't load either.

Color Dose Nail Lacquer - Bridal Maroon red cranberry nail polish
2 coats + top coat in indirect sunlight




Shade
So this polish is a beautiful dark cranberry shade with some very subtle gold shimmer. You can't really see the gold, but the shimmer does give this colour a beautiful depth. It looks a lot more red in sunlight but remains true to colour under artificial light.  It looks amazing with layered over black as well.


Color Dose Nail Lacquer - Bridal Maroon red cranberry nail polish
2 coats + top coat in artificial light







































Formula & Application
The formula is kind of runny and slightly sheer, yet manageable. You need around 2-3 coats for full opacity, depending on your application. I've used about two medium coats for my swatches. This polish has a tendency to drag the colour of the first coat when you're applying your second one. That's how I ended up with a couple of bald patches on my pinkie finger. You can minimize that if you want for the first coat to dry completely. I'm too impatient, so I always mess up application when it comes to polishes with a similar formula.


Color Dose Nail Lacquer - Bridal Maroon red cranberry nail polish
2 coats + top coat in artificial light


Final Thoughts
I never expected to like this polish so much, but it quickly became one of my favourites. This is one of the cheapest polishes in my collection, I think I got it for 50 something rupees and it's performed better than some of the more expensive ones in my collection. As you can see from the picture of the bottle, I've pretty much emptied it. There's just about enough for one more application. Such a shame it's not available anymore. Once again, recommendations for dupes are more than welcome!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment