Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Mauve Colour Rub 78 Swatch & Review





2 coats + top coat in sunglight

Stay Quirky's Mauve Colour Rub, unlike its name, is a gorgeous cranberry/burgundy nail polish with very fine red micro shimmer. The bottle holds 6ml of polish. That's tiny!!! I actually bought a second bottle of this polish as I loved the first one so much. You know I have to say, I kinda like the tiny bottle. You have a good chance of finishing off the bottle, before the polish gets gloopy.




2 coats + top coat in artificial light







Shade
It's such a stunning vampy, dark ruby shade. I love the depth the micro shimmer creates. I can see some gold in the bottle too but it doesn't show on my nail. I cannot tell you how much I adore this colour on my nails!  Disclaimer though - this polish looks a tad darker on the nail than in pictures. So I've taken my pictures in different lighting to try and portray how bright or dark it will look on the nail.

2 coats + top coat in artificial light





Formula
I was pleasantly surprised by the formula on this polish, considering it's dirt cheap!! It wasn't all thin and watery as one would expect of cheap polishes. The polish glides on smoothly, without pooling or dragging. The polish is also quite pigmented.


2 coats + top coat in artificial light




Application
You need to be mindful of brush strokes and sheer patches with this polish. While this polish isn't too sheer and two coats does make it completely opaque, if not applied carefully, you will end up with some bald patches. The brush is decent too with medium thick bristles.

I'd recommend wrapping the tips and sides of your nail well with the polish  and top coat if you want it to last long.

2 coats + top coat in dim lighting




Longevity
My only gripe with this polish is the lengths I've to go to, to make it last. Depending on application and how well your treat your nails, you can get decent wear out of this polish. I can probably wear it for 3-5 days before it starts chipping. You absolutely must use a good base and top coat to prevent tip wear and chipping as I wouldn't expect this polish to last even a day without them.

Bottom line, don't expose your nails to too much water or use them to scratch off stuff and you should be fine. While some other polishes can withstand that kind of stuff, this one absolutely would not and I wouldn't recommend pushing it.

2 coats + top coat in dim lighting




Final Thoughts
If you're a fan of the colour, then go ahead and grab a bottle. I cannot think of another Indian brand with this shade and until I find one that's of better quality, I think I'll maintain one of these in my stash. Considering the fact that I got it at a sale price at Rs.66, this polish has really surpassed my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment