Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 15 February 2018

Stay Quirky Nail Polish Black Magic Range - 1111 Tarot Swatch & Review


Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review
3 coats over black + top coat in dim light

So this is my second review of one of the polishes from Stay Quirky's Black Magic range. You can check out my purchases from the collection and first impressions here. I have already reviewed shade 1109 Tantra which you can check out here. Like most Stay Quirky polishes, the bottle holds 6ml of polish.




Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review
3 coats over black + top coat in artificial light

Shade
So this is a gorgeous pinkish-purle which shifts to gold to a copper brown in some lights. I can see some scattered blue glitter shimmer on the nail, but it doesn't really make a difference to the shift. I thought this would be more of a pink shade by looking at the bottle, but it leans more towards purple.

Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review




Formula
As with other polishes from this range, the formula is extremely sheer and runny. I didn't notice as much of an issue with streaks with this polish as I did with Tantra.

Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review
3 coats over black + top coat in sunlight

Application
Again, you have to layer this polish over a darker colour to achieve full opacity. I applied three coats over black on all nails except my index finger. I bumped that nail and had to re-do it and was to lazy to apply three coats. Honestly, you can make do with two medium coats.

Honestly, I'm getting tired to layering these polishes over a darker base. I mean 2 coats of black + 2-3 coats of one of these polishes + top coat = long time sitting around trying not to dent your nails.

Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review
3 coats over black + top coat in  sunlight

Longevity
Nope, this polish doesn't last long either. I had a hard time getting Tantra from the same range to stay put, and had a similar issue with Tarot as well. Shame really as I would have liked to wear this one longer. I saw tip wear by day 2 and I hate that. Since this is a lighter colour compared to others from this collection the tip wear isn't that noticeable. I'm just finicky about it and it you aren't, I suppose you could get decent wear out of this polish.

I'd like to reiterate that I don't think all the formulas are the same as I'm currently wearing 1112 Book of Shadows and it's held up well for 4 days as I write this.

Stay Quirky holographic  Black Magic Range 1111 Tarot Review
3 coats over black + top coat in artificial light


Final Thoughts
Absolutely amazing colour, but a mediocre formula and below average staying power. I'd still recommend picking this up if you dig the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment