Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - The Other Queen 867 Swatch & Review

Stay Quirky The Other Queen is a beautiful light purple polish with very tiny specks of holographic shimmer. The bottle holds 8ml of polish.

Stay Quirky Nail Polish The Other Queen 867
2 coats + top coat under artificial light




Shade
As mentioned, this polish is a lovely lavender shade with plenty of scattered holo shimmer. Ok maybe a tad darker than a lavender.  However before you get too excited about the holo, the holographic particles are so tiny, almost like holo dust, they don't really sparkle much on the nail.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this shade. It looks like the polish is a metallic orchid kinda purple in the picture on Purplle's website. You can imagine my disappointment when I actually saw it in person. However, I wasn't expecting this to have any sort of shimmer, let alone holographic shimmer, so was a surprise, albeit a pleasant one.

Pretty as it may be, this just isn't my colour. I love dark polishes and as much as I love purple polishes, a lavender just isn't gonna cut it for me. My mom loved this colour though, so I'm gonna hand this one to her.


Stay Quirky Nail Polish The Other Queen 867



 Formula and Application

The formula for this polish is pretty decent. You need two coats for full opacity. The consistency of this polish is weird though. It's thick but runny at the same time?! So you must apply it carefully, because it will flood your cuticles.

I would strongly recommend wrapping the tips of your nails with this polish.

Stay Quirky Nail Polish The Other Queen 867
2 coats + top coat in sunlight

Longevity

Was not expecting such good wear out of this polish. I wore this for 4 days with very minor tip wear, that too on short nails. I could have easily worn it a day or two more but as this wasn't really my colour I wanted to switch to a darker colour. My next polish was another gorgeous ruby/wine polish from Stay Quirky, strangely named Mauve Colour Rub.  Review coming up soon.

Stay Quirky Nail Polish The Other Queen 867
2 coats + top coat in sunlight



































Final Thoughts

I'd say this polish is pretty decent and I'm glad Stay Quirky is living up to its name and has such a fun selection of shades. I'd totally recommend picking up a bottle of this shade if you like light shades of polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment