Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat - Mossrock Swatch & Review


Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat - Mossrock Swatch & Review
2 coats over black + top coat in artificial light

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat in the shade Mossrock is such a gorgeous glitter polish. It contails green & blue glitter particles. The bottle holds 15ml of polish.



Fun fact: I actually have three bottles of this polish. Recently, there was a massive sale at Colorbar and this polish was half off. So stocked up on two bottles as I was so pleased with the one I already had.

You know, the customer care at Colorbar is excellent. Originally, this polish wasn't even listed on their website, even though all the other colors in the glitterati range were. So I called up their customer care and asked if they had any bottles of this particular shade available and if they could update their website for it. I didn't even take them 24 hours to put up this product online and they sent me a follow up e-mail confirming the same. It is rare to come across such efficiency and results from most Indian brands.

Ok, now back to the review

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat - Mossrock Swatch & Review



Shade
So this polish has the most beautiful green and blue glitter particles suspended in a clear base. The glitter ranges from small round to a couple of larger particles. I've applied two coats over Nykaa's Black Licorice.

When applied over black, the contrast creates the most beautiful effect. It has that mermaid skin like effect in person, especially in indirect light. It looks absolutely gorgeous on the natural nail, but I must mention it shines more green than blue on the nail.

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat - Mossrock Swatch & Review
2 coats over black + top coat in artificial light

Formula & Application
The formula for this polish is absolutely amazing. It's just the right consistency, the brush picks up the glitter well and doesn't flood cuticles. I've almost finished up 1 bottle of this polish and it hasn't gone goopy at all.

My only issue with the polish is removal. The larger glitter particles are a pain to remove. I always wear this polish with a peel off base coat or I'd be looking at half an hour of scrubbing my nails with acetone.

Now you can either apply this as a top coat, or sponge it on for full glitter coverage. I've tried both, but I prefer using this as a topper over black.

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat - Mossrock Swatch & Review
2 coats over black + top coat in artificial light





Longevity
Since I use this as a topper, I cannot attest to how long it lasts, because that will depend on the base polish I use with it. I can easily get 4-5 days of wear out of this, before a couple of the glitters turn silver as the green & blue coating on them comes off.

Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat  Mossrock Review of glitter polish
2 coats over black + top coat in artificial light




Overall Thoughts
Absolutely and I mean absolutely grab a bottle if you're a fan of glitter polishes. This one particularly is so shiny and flashes almost metallic from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment