Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday 24 September 2017

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - My Bae 900 Swatch & Review

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - My Bae 900
2 coats + clear polish + top coat

Stay Quirky Polishdry Effect My Bae is an amazing dark purple textured polish. The bottle holds 9ml of product. I just cannot get over the awesomeness of this polish!! It's a shame I couldn't capture its true beauty in my pictures. In person, it looks like I've got gemstones on my nails.


I hated this polish when I first got it. I absolutely dislike textured polishes and no amount of top coat would smooth this one out. It would just look matte, diseased and hideous. It just lay, forgotten, at the back of my polish drawer for the longest time. And then, I broke two finger nails three days ago and had to clip the rest :(

I was so low and going through my polishes to find a shade that would suit my short nails and stumbled upon this polish. Then I said to myself, oh what the heck, let's give this one another shot! What's to lose that I haven't already :D! This time though, I applied it a little differently and I think I'm in love!!!!


Stay Quirky Nail Polish - My Bae 900








 

Shade 

So this polish is dark purple with copper shimmer and a very tiny amount of holographic glitters as well. You can't see a very strong holo effect on the nail, but in certain lights you can see the holo shine blue and pink. Check out the last picture in my post which was blurred to show you the sheer intensity of shimmers on the nail.

I am in love with how it looks on the nail. The copper shimmer goes so well with the purple and the holo is just like cherry on top of the cake. This polish would make a great base for galaxy nail art.



Stay Quirky Nail Polish - My Bae 900



Formula & Application


This is a textured polish and you can check how it looks here. The formula is decent, you need around 3 coats for full opacity on long nails or you'll see visible nail lines. I've worn 2 coats here. I would recommend a peel of base coat underneath this polish, because removing it is such a pain!!

Application is key when it comes to this polish, if you'd like to wear it as it was intended with a textured effects, then apply 2-3 coats + topcoat and you're done. But if you want to wear it with a smooth finish, then I'd recommend applying it the way I did for these swatches.

I added a medium coat of clear polish over 2 coats of My Bae and then topped all three layers with a generous coat of Seche Vite. The result was a beautiful, smooth and glass like finish, almost as if all the shimmers in this polish were somehow encapsulated in a clear layer. The final look is indescribable, you have to see it to appreciate it's true beauty.

Keep in mind, this polish is a top coat guzzler. The first time I wore it,  I tried covering up that textured look with so many coats of different top coats and nothing worked. Which is why adding a medium clear coat of polish is an absolute must.


Stay Quirky Nail Polish - My Bae 900
Blurred to capture sparkles!!!

Longevity

No issues in this department, this polish lasts fairly well, even on my short nails.

Final Thoughts

I cannot recommend this polish enough. I only wish Stay Quirky would release a non textured version of this shade! Nonetheless, I'm definitely buying another bottle to add to my collection.

It is so hard to find such 'quirky' polishes in India, it's almost like finding a unicorn. Most Indian brands play safe and stick to the usual creme polishes in 100 different shades of pink and red. I'm glad a new brand took a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment