Pages

Search This Blog

Friday 15 December 2017

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Maroon Plum 874 Swatch & Review


Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Maroon Plum 874 Swatch & Review
3 coats + top coat + clear coat in sunlight
Stay Quirky's oddly named polish in the shade Maroon Plum is neither Maroon nor plum :D. The bottle holds 8ml of polish.



Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Maroon Plum 874 Swatch & Review
3 coats + top coat + clear coat in sunlight
Shade
So this polish is a gorgeous vibrant red with a tiny amount of gold holographic glitter suspended in it. The glitter is a lot less than I would have liked and doesn’t sparkle all that much.

Now this can be described perfectly as a Christmas red and to be honest, I wasn’t sure if I liked this shade when I first put it on, but with time, I grew to love it.

Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Maroon Plum 874 Swatch & Review
3 coats + top coat + clear coat in sunlight


Formula and Application
So the formula on this one is kinda strange. It’s a little sheer and you do need three coats for full opacity. But it dries with a very weird uneven finish. It’s not a textured polish, nor is the glitter large enough to merit such a finish. Honestly, the finish is my biggest problem with this polish.

It didn’t smooth out even after a good top coat, so I applied a thick coat of clear polish over it, hoping to salvage things. That didn’t help either. As you can see in my pictures, the final look isn't glossy enough as the uneven surface doesn't reflect light well.

I must also add that this polish stains pretty badly, your nails will be an odd shade of yellow upon removal. So you must use a base coat underneath for extra protection. Removal is a tad difficult as well due to the glitter, but not so bad that you'd need a peel off base coat.
Stay Quirky Nail Polish - Maroon Plum 874 Swatch & Review
3 coats + top coat + clear coat in artificial light

Longevity
Boy was I blown over by how well this polish stayed put. I was so busy for the week, I had no time to change my manicure. so I wore this for 7 whole days with minor cracks but no chips!!! That has never, ever happened before.

It could also be with the way I applied the polish, but then again, that's how I apply polish every time and don’t get such amazing results.

Final Thoughts
Overall, I wouldn’t say this polish is anything special. It’s a beautiful shade and it says on for a long time, but I just can’t get past the weird finish of this polish.

Man Stay Quirky has been disappointing me now. I was so impressed by this brand that I kept ordering a bunch of polishes from them, but the last few have been terrible. I think I’ll do a mini review of them some time soon. There’s no standard quality across the board with these polishes. It's a hit or miss thing with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment