Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Avon Nailwear Pro+ - Golden Wine Swatch & Review



Avon Golden Wine Nail Polish
Avon Golden Wine, 3 coats with top coat
Avon Golden Wine is one of my absolute favourites in terms of colour. Nonetheless, the polish comes with it's own set of issues.




Shade
Believe me, the only reason I put up with this polish is the shade. Avon Golden Wine is a beautiful red to dark maroon colour with plenty of gold micro shimmer.  The colour darkens in intensity with the number of coats applied. It starts off as a magenta red on the first coat and becomes totally opaque by the third coat. However, by the third coat this polish becomes much darker than it is in the bottle.


Avon Golden Wine Nail Polish

 Formula
The formula for the polish is very sheer, runny and jelly like and dries fairly quickly. 


Avon Golden Wine Nail Polish

Application
One of the major drawbacks of this polish is the way it applies. As the formula is extremely runny, it tends to flood cuticles. Furthermore, you need at least three coats for opacity and colour pay off. This also means the tiny 8ml bottle doesn't last long.



Avon Golden Wine Nail Polish

Longevity
This polish isn't long lasting. I see tip wear by the first day itself and by day three the polish does chip, even with a good top coat. I've tried wearing it with different combinations of base and top coats but this polish will not stay put!



Avon Golden Wine Nail Polish

Final Thoughts
Even though I hate the way this polish applies or the fact that it doesn't last at all, it is still one of my favourite shades to wear. I'm currently on my second bottle and will definitely repurchase. I love the way it looks on my nails, vampy yet classy at the same time. If any of you can recommend a dupe for this polish without all the hassles of this one, I'd be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment